Marketing is such a difficult but very important business function to navigate. Pete Chapman joins me to provide some great tips to think about for your business.
My key takeaways:
- Marketing is not sales;
- You should always have an outcome planned for your marketing initiative;
- Strategic marketing involves multiple advisers and constant communication;
- Pay for thinking first before the doing;
- Before engaging a marketer do some checking with others that have used them;
- Don’t just go for the current marketing fad;
- Allow time for your marketing plan; and
- Be careful about working with marketers who have a vested interest in one type of marketing.
Enjoy the chat!